Tree Risk Management Workshop
Mark Duntemann, Natural Path Urban Forestry
Reduce the risk. It’s feasible, it’s reasonable, it’s your duty.
March 15, 2016
Coastal Electric Cooperative Headquarters
1265 South Coastal Highway
Midway, GA 31320-0109
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
One-day workshop on how to develop reasonable, practical, and defensible tree risk management strategies. Plan to attend this important training event to better understand genuine tree risks, benefits, and current tree risk management strategies.
What you’ll learn:
- How a healthy, sustainable community forest will benefit your community
- How to reduce the potential for human, home, and property damage
- How to defend your tree program if a tree-related incident occurs
- The ramifications of managing tree risk only in a reactive way
- How to demonstrate due diligence and a proactive approach through "As Low As Reasonably Practical" (ALARP) concepts
- What to do and whom to call (an ISA Certified Arborist)
$35 per person (city managers and officials, tree board members, city planners, nonprofit organizations)
$50 for GAA/CAA members (CEUs included)
$70 non-member arborists earning ISA CEUs
CEUs: 6.5 ISA CEUS
Join us at 8 a.m. for registration and networking. Introductions begin at 8:15 a.m.
Hosted by the Georgia Forestry Commission in partnership with the Georgia Arborist Association, Coastal Arborist Association, and Coastal Electric Cooperative.