Tree Risk Management Workshop
Presented by: Mark Duntemann
Natural Path Urban Forestry
Hosted by GAA and Georgia Forestry Commission
March 16, 2017
5150 Sugarloaf Pkwy, Lawrenceville, GA 30043
Building 200/Room 104
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
This is a one-day workshop to help municipalities and the public better understand genuine tree risks, benefits, and current tree risk management strategies for their communities.
What you’ll learn:
- How a healthy, sustainable community forest will benefit your community
- How to reduce the potential for human, home, and property damage
- How to defend your tree program if a tree-related incident occurs
- The ramifications of managing tree risk only in a reactive way
- How to demonstrate due diligence and a proactive approach through "As Low As Reasonably Practical" (ALARP) concepts
- What to do and who to call (an ISA Certified Arborist)
COST (includes lunch):
$35 per person, includes lunch (city managers and officials, tree board members, city planners, nonprofit organizations)
$50 for GAA/CAA members (6.5 CEUs included)
$70 non-member arborists earning ISA CEUs
Join us at 8 a.m. for registration and networking. Introductions begin at 8:15 a.m. View Agenda.
Hosted by the Georgia Forestry Commission in partnership with the Georgia Arborist Association.
2017Flyer - Tree Risk Mgt Workshop.pdf