Please see our new Job Postings Guidelines
before submitting a listing.
- GAA, Assistant to Executive Director
- City of Atlanta, Field Arborist
- City of Norcross, Field Arborist
- Northside Tree
The Georgia Arborist Association (GAA) is looking for a part-time assistant to assist the executive director (ED) in fulfilling the organization’s mission and goals. This person will be an important team member whose primary responsibilities will include planning and facilitating the organization’s meetings and events.
The ideal candidate has a flexible schedule and is friendly, self-directed, and proactive. Preference will be given to candidates who have previous clerical and meeting planning experience as well as knowledge of website maintenance and social media. This is a part-time position. The assistant will work from home.
- Review phone and email messages
- Facilitate the application and submission of continuing education units (CEUs)
- Help coordinate bi-monthly GAA meetings and quarterly workshops
- Work with ED on meeting logistics and event agenda (food, registration, equipment, communications, etc.)
- Be designated as cohost Zoom Webinars
- Update website and social media
- Work with ED on email communications
- Edit brochures & communications for grammar and content
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Familiarity with online Webinars (Zoom a strong plus)
- Familiarity with managing social media accounts
- Apple Computer, Survey Software, Desktop Publishing, Membership or CRM Software, and Meeting planning experience a plus.
SALARY: The position pays $20/hour up to 40 hours a month.
APPLY: Submit resume to email@example.com by March 22nd, 2021
City of Atlanta
Posting: Open Until FilledSalary: Commensurate with experience
The primary purpose of this job is to enforce the City’s tree ordinance, and to assist citizens with tree-related problems and questions. Duties include, but are not limited to: evaluating tree health per City Code; issuing removal permits when trees are dead, dying, or hazardous; inspecting construction sites to determine compliance with approved construction plans; inspecting construction sites for compliance and issuance of final certificates of occupancy; posting public notice of potential tree removal; issuing fines and fees for failure to meet tree preservation requirements of City Code; entering details of inspections and status updates in database; and representing Arborist Division in tree conservation commission appeal hearings. The incumbent must ensure that best in class customer service is provided to both internal and external customers and also embrace, support, and promote the City’s core values, beliefs, and culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are typical for this job. These duties are not exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required as assigned.
- Evaluate tree health and risk to determine whether trees are dead, dying, or hazardous per City code;
- Issue tree removal permits;
- Review site plans during site inspections to ensure conditions in the field are accurately depicted;
- Post public notice of potential construction impact on trees;
- Inspect active construction sites for compliance with approved and stamped tree protection plans.
- Conduct final inspection of construction sites for compliance and issuance of final certificates of occupancy; and
- Issue fines and fees for failure to meet tree preservation requirements of City Code.
- Issue permits and inspection reports to customers in a timely manner, and respond to customer inquiries via letter, email, and telephone;
- Follow proper protocol when nuisance trees are identified;
- Maintain detailed work logs and status updates in City computer database;
- Able to calculate and explain to customer’s method for assessing critical root zone impact;
- Accurately assess fines and fees as needed;
- Represent the Arborist Division in Tree Conservation Commission appeal hearings; and
- Attend Municipal Court with City Solicitor and serving as expert witness when ordinance has been violated.
- Work with developers, architects, engineers, contractors, and homeowners to comply with Tree Protection ordinance;
- Collaborate with Arborist Division staff members and other City Divisions to ensure high quality customer service;
- Address civic groups, schools, garden clubs, and neighborhood groups regarding the rights and responsibilities of citizens and tree care;
- Exhibit excellent customer service and human relations skills.
Other Job Functions:
Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge of Job:
Has ability to learn the principles, practices, and procedures of the City and various department operations and functions. Has general knowledge of arboricultural practices, policies, and procedures as necessary in the completion of daily responsibilities. Is able to assist in the developing and implementing of long-term goals for the Department in order to promote effectiveness and efficiency. Has general knowledge of all applicable laws, ordinances, policies, standards, and regulations pertaining to tree-related issues and other responsibilities in serving as City Arborist. Keeps abreast of changes in policy, methods, operations, and standards of practice, etc. as they pertain to Departmental operations. Able to effectively communicate and interact with management, employees, and members of the general public. Is able to assemble information and make written reports and documents in a concise, clear, and effective manner. Has good organizational and technical skills. Is able to use independent judgment and discretion in handling emergency situations. Has the ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply regulations and related information. Has mathematical ability to make required calculations. Is able to read, understand, and interpret development plans, architectural plans, reports, and related materials.
Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture, Forestry, Horticulture, or related field and one year experience as an Arborist, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Must have International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) certification. Must possess a valid Georgia driver’s license.
- Experience reading and interpreting technical drawings and plans;
- Experience or certification in hazard tree evaluation; and
- Experience working as part of a team or in direct contact with the public.
Michael Morning I Talent Acquisition Manager
City of Atlanta I Department of Human Resources I Talent Acquisition
68 Mitchell Street Suite 2170 I Atlanta, GA 30303
CITY OF NORCROSS, GEORGIA
For Professional Arborist Services
The City of Norcross, Georgia is pleased to offer an excellent opportunity for an Arborist professional to administer the city’s tree conservation ordinance. If you are an experienced Arborist professional, certified by the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA), with a genuine commitment to high-quality customer service and administrative excellence, we invite you to respond to this Request for Qualifications (RFQ).
The intent of this Request for Qualifications (RFQ) is to enter into a professional services contract for an Arborist (certified by the International Society of Arboriculture) for tree management services for the City of Norcross.
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES DESIRED
The City is seeking professional services from an Arborist who will be responsible for:
- Making suggestions for changing the tree ordinance as needed and enforcing the City’s Tree Ordinance.
- Administering tree permit processes and approval, maintaining all related records, and producing reports upon request.
- Consulting with residents and contractors on tree-related matters.
- Conducting public outreach and education programs.
- Maintaining and updating the Tree Inventory spreadsheet and re-assigning tags numbers for newly planted trees.
- Attending the Tree Board meeting every other month.
- Providing presentations and written reports to the City Manager, Special Projects Manager, Council, and city departments.
- Consulting with Staff as required to evaluate tree health care on public property; develop and recommend tree health care plans; and develop and recommend trimming and pruning requirements and schedules.
Proposal shall also cite examples of similar work in other communities, and include references from within those communities. References will be contacted.
Questions will be directed to:
Sonya Isaac, Special Projects Manager, Phone number 770-274-0121, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For consideration, proposers must submit their proposals no later than: March 29, 2021, 12:00 PM, to the City of Norcross, ATTENTION TO SONYA ISAAC
Northside Tree Professionals
Northside Tree Professionals looking to add an addition crew.
In need of 3-drivers who can also assist the groundsman, 2-climbers and 1-groundsman.
All are full time positions.
Drivers need clean current drivers licenses and take driving test.
Pay is weekly.
Need to be US citizen or have a valid work visa.
Call 770-833-2154 or 404-787-6783