GeoSurvey is looking for assistance with the identification and GPS location of trees at our survey sites. We currently have a backlog of tree surveys to complete and would like to contract with a professional with knowledge of local tree species. All training on the use of GPS equipment will be provided by our office.
City of Sandy Springs (GA)
Urban Forest Coordinator
The Urban Forest Coordinator promotes the stewardship of the urban canopy by overseeing all activities supported by the Tree Fund, including the proactive maintenance of trees in public areas, and consulting on City projects. The successful candidate possesses a strong knowledge of community and urban forestry, and a desire to engage with the public.
- Conduct public outreach: Prepare and deliver education programs to the public, train and lead a volunteer crew to plant and care for trees, organize and host community events;
- Provide technical expertise on City projects: Provide design input, review construction documents,and conduct field inspections;
- Oversee vendor contracts: Assist in work order scheduling, review reports, verify and process invoices;
- Develop and manage incentive programs for landowners;
- Coordinate the upkeepof the GIS tree inventoryand associated records;
- Monitor the health of City trees and manage maintenance to ensure long-term viability;
- Assist with the updates of the Tree Canopy Study and Tree Management Plan;
- Ensure the City maintains its Tree City credentials;
- Generate ideas on better maintaining and increasing the urban forest;
- Work closely with the Landscape Manager to coordinate park maintenance and beautification;
- Facilitate and track the invasive plant removal program;
- Other duties as the need arises.
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Self-directed and motivated, ability to work independently and in a team
- Extensive knowledge of urban trees of the Southeast and their ecology
- Two-year technical diploma in a related field
- ISA Certified Arborist Municipal Specialist within 1 year of employment
- Valid Georgia driver’s license
- 2 years of experience in a municipal setting
- Ability and willingness to do moderately physically demanding work outdoors, in a variety of weather conditions
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in forestry, botany, horticulture, ecology or a related field
- ISA Certified Arborist Municipal Specialist
- ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualification
- 5 years of experience in a municipal setting
- Knowledge of plant species native to the Piedmont
- Experience in environmental education
- Experience executing an Integrate Pest Management program
Georgia Forestry Commission
Urban and Community Forestry Specialist – Urban and Community Forestry Program
Examples of duties:
- Assist communities in 34 counties in northwest Georgia and the Metro-Atlanta area with community forest technical assistance and forest protection planning.
a) tree plantings and tree giveaway projects
b) tree ordinance development/revision
c) training municipal tree-care workers
d) Tree City USA certification, recertification and expansion of community involvement including tree board development
e) tree risk assessments
f) storm mitigation planning and post-storm evaluations
g) land use planning to minimize the impacts of development
- Develop working relationships with partner organizations including the Georgia Tree Council, tree advocacy groups, Keep Georgia Beautiful affiliates, UGA Extension, government agencies, and educational institutions
- Provide information and guidance on tree care, insect and disease problems and solutions for urban tree management issues
- Develop professional relationships with policy makers at state and local level and educate policy makers on critical issues relative to forestry in the state
- Perform outreach and public relations activities including educational presentations, TV and radio appearances, development of professional training programs, and articles for local print
- Participate in Urban Forest Strike Team trainings and deployments
Completion of an undergraduate major in forestry or a related field at an accredited four-year college or university OR completion of an undergraduate degree in a related major at an accredited four-year college or university with 3 years or more of relevant work experience in Urban and Community Forestry OR extensive work experience (8+ years) in Urban and Community Forestry in lieu of an undergraduate degree; proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; excellent customer service and communication skills; experience speaking to small and large audiences about a variety of natural resources issues
A stand-alone degree with an urban forestry major, or an emphasis area in urban forestry within a forest management degree.ISA Certified Arborist. A minimum of one-year experience providing assistance to communities/community groups/non-profits involved in urban forestry and urban interface issues. Experience organizing planting or other community events and workshops.
Application Deadline: Oct 21st
Location: NW Georgia
Position #: 00056981
*Resume can be submitted directly, an additional Georgia State Employment Application must be submitted for the corresponding position at https://gatrees.org/about/careers/
Annual Salary: $54,067.00
Rayfield Tree Care, Inc.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist Wanted
Rayfield Tree Care, Inc. in Loganville, GAis looking to hire an:Administrative Assistant/Receptionist
Experience preferred (Will Train)
Rayfield Tree Care, Inc. is based in Loganville, Ga. We are looking to add a part-time (with potential for full-time) member to our team who is ambitious and outgoing.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Managing Phones•Scheduling Client Estimates / Work
- Data Entry, Electronic Delivery of Estimates & Invoices
- Track Clients from Sales to Work Completion
- Assisting in Managing Work Crews Schedule
- Handling Various Office Duties to Maintain Office Organization
We are looking to hire an Individual that Lives in Loganville, GA, or nearby. Must have valid GA Drivers License and reliable transportation. Work week is Monday through Friday with some Saturdays. Pay will be based on experience.
Heirloom Tree and Garden
Qualifications & Responsibilities
This management position is for individuals with a minimum of five years of experience in the arboriculture industry and climbing. This role will report to the Director of Horticulture.
Applicants should be certified by the International Society of Arboriculture and have a strong understanding of tree preservation/tree planting standards. This position also requires a mastery of identifying tree and shrub insects and diseases, and advanced knowledge in other areas within the tree care profession, such as tree biology, diagnosis, soil health, pruning, maintenance practices, and safety.
This position requires strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively:
- coordinate and schedule spray techs
- produce written proposals
- coordinate site inspections (including preconstruction)
- maintain relationships with clientele, landscape architects, builders, etc.
- generate prospective leads
- Oversee sub-contractors for any hazardous tree removals.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Scheduling tree and shrub spray techs
- Monitoring moisture content of newly planted trees and potential watering of plant material.
- Coordinate all tree injections
- Minor tree pruning, thinning, and removing deadwood throughout the tree canopy
Benefits & Salary Negotiable
About Heirloom Tree and Garden:
Heirloom Tree and Garden is a wholesale/retail supplier and installer of unique and very large specimen trees and select plants for fine gardens, for both residential and commercial applications. We are a one-of-a-kind source for very mature trees and shrubs, and we offer an array of horticultural services. We locate, procure, and grow our own product, but best of all, we are skillfully trained to install any of our trees.
Heirloom Tree and Garden blossomed from our owner's passion for very special and unique specimens. We strongly believe that the impact of a few select mature trees or shrubs, or in some cases just one specimen, can set a garden apart from all others. With roots deep in Georgia soil, our team has spent the past 50 years dedicating its talents to creating the most prestigious landscapes in Atlanta. We are constantly searching for mature and finished plant material that will accomplish this goal.
Learn more and apply here: